Australian citizenship eligibility
Australia has become one of the favorite destinations for people for travel, study, and even to start a new life. If someone is planning to apply for citizenship then it is important to keep in mind the eligibility criteria. This guide will give you an insight into the Australian citizenship eligibility.
Australian Citizenship Eligibility
To apply for Australian citizenship it is essential to check Australian citizenship eligibility. Well, the entire process of applying for citizenship needs to be done in the right manner. So, it is best that you consult our migration agent and they will check everything on your behalf. Our migration consultant has shared how you can get citizenship through permanent residency and it is known as Australian citizenship by referral. Here’s how you need to apply for the citizenship:
- Stay in Australia as a permanent resident. No matter what type of permanent visa you have like a partner visa, skilled visa, ENS, or the other permanent residency visa.
- Fulfill the residency requirement to be eligible for Australian citizenship.
- You need to stay in Australia for the rest of your future.
- Have a good character and your age should be above 18. If in your past you have been sentenced then things can get complicated and you will be disqualified to apply for citizenship.
The rules are quite simple for eligibility because everything is based on time. You need to calculate for how long you have been staying in Australia as a permanent resident in the last few years. To fulfill the residence requirements you need to:
- You need to live with proper rules and regulations in Australia for 4 years after the date of application. Within these 4 years, the last year needs to be spent in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Additionally, you cannot stay outside Australia for 90 days right after applying for citizenship.
Applying for Australian Citizenship
Keep in mind you need to apply for citizenship because it is not given by default. All the essential paperwork and documents need to be sent to the Department of Home Affairs. Those who are overseas need to send it to the Overseas Citizenship Unit at Canberra, Australia. Applicants between the age of 18 to 59, need to use Form 1300t Australian citizenship.
In case you are:
- Younger than 17 years
- Age above 59
- Facing the problem of permanent loss, substantial impairment of speech, sight, or hearing.
- Not able to understand the nature of the application due to physical and mental incapacity.
You need to use Form 1290 in other situations. Do not worry, our immigration agent will guide you through every step and make sure all the paperwork is done correctly.
For more information, you can contact us today only!