Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

Contributory Parent visa

If you have migrated to Australia and you want your parents to be with you, then the government has a lot of opportunities for you to apply for the same. (Subclass 143) Contributory parent visa is one of the visa categories which help get your parents to come and live with you. This visa enables your parents to come and live with you on a permanent basis

Other details

The cost of the application amounts to AUD47, 755. This visa will allow you to stay in Australia permanently, sponsor your family members and apply for Australian citizenship. You can also avail the following facilities –

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol for Medicare, Australia’s public health care scheme.
  • Allow you to stay in Australia permanently
  • Sponsor your family members
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if you meet the eligibility conditions

Prerequisites of the visa

  • It requires you to be outside Australia at the time of application.
  • You must have a child who is either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a citizen of New Zealand.
  • You must be able to meet the balance-of-family test.
  • You must have an assurance of support.
  • The last three conditions are not required if you are applying for the Retirement Pathway.


Traveling to and from Australia for 5 years

You are allowed to travel to and from Australia for 5 years starting from the date of issue. The travel facility is valid for 5 years. In case you want to travel after the 5 years, you will have to apply for an RRV (Resident Return visa) which will let you enter Australia as a permanent resident. You can also apply for citizenship after getting this visa. If you are granted Australian citizenship, you will not need a visa to enter Australia. What you will be required to do is apply for an Australian passport and use the same for leaving and re-entering Australia.

Conditions for the application of 143 visa

In case you hold a Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) visa, you can apply for a subclass 143 visa in two steps. First, apply for (subclass 173) visa, then the subclass 143 visa. It will allow you to spend the visa fee over several years.

Parent visa (subclass 143) application as a retiree

You can also apply for the subclass 103 visa as a retiree. In that case, you will not be required to meet the balance of family test and have the assurance of support.

Length of the stay

As it is a permanent visa, you will be allowed to stay permanently in Australia. Your PR will be considered starting on the day we grant you the visa or the day you set foot on the Australian land if you were living outside Australia.

Inclusion of family

There is also a provision of inclusion of family members in the application. You will be required to fill in the details of the family members, whether they intend to migrate or not. The family members who are migrating should fulfil the health and character requirement specified by the immigration department. In case you are applying for the visa as a retiree, you are entitled to include your partner in the application if he is also a retiree. However, you can’t include your children in the application.



Make An Appointment

WhatsApp chat

If You Have Any Type of Query Please Drop Your Number