Proving De Facto Relationships

Proving De Facto Relationships

Proving De Facto Relationships

Request a Call Back

Many couples are planning to apply for the Australian partner visa. You guys have started seeing each other and you have gone official on social media platforms. You might think you are in a de facto relationship but the Australian government thinks differently. Read this topic to learn how to give proof of the de facto relationship.

What is a De facto relationship?

First of all, you need to ask yourself some questions which include:

  • Do you live as a married couple?
  • Do you share finances?

If the answer is yes then you are in the de facto relationship. On the other hand, if you are just doing it to show everyone then you want to succeed in getting the visa. To get the partner visa Australia the couple needs to live with each other on a domestic basis.

For a better understanding of how to give proof and to get the visa without any problem, you should contact our migration agent for detailed information.

Proof regarding the Partner visa

Documents that show the financial commitments are important. When the case officer is going through your file, he will check the evidence like:

  • Shared insurance
  • Shared bank account
  • Shared costs like buying a car together.

Well, it is necessary to show that you share the costs as a couple. Additionally, it won’t be enough to open an account on Monday and then lodge the application on Tuesday.

There is a need to give proof that you live at the same address. This can be shown by memberships, bills, letters, and invitations. You need to show the social recognition of your relationship through pics of going out together and with other family members. In case, you were apart a few times then you need to give evidence you were connected through the app or give a detailed statement of your friends and family.

You should work with a Registered migration consultant as he will check all the relationship evidence and let you know what you can do to show that you have a strong relationship.

Register your relationship

If you are in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, or Tasmania then you can register your relationship. This means your relationship is recognized legally. No doubt, it is not the same as marriage but it is close enough. It is important when you are not able to give proof of 12 months of living together. However, still, there is a need to show some proof.

The relationship can be registered if you are above 18 and you are not married or in de facto relation with some other person.

If you are planning to apply for the partner visa then it is best that you contact our migration agent and he will make sure the application is applied correctly.

WhatsApp chat

If You Have Any Type of Query Please Drop Your Number